very light and refreshing cheesecake....
( recipe makes 1 - 8 inch round pan )
9oz (250gr) vanilla wafers or Graham crackers
7 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
finely grated zest and juice of 2 small lemons
12oz (350gr) cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Line the pan with parchment paper. Put the cookies into a bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter and combine it with the crushed cookies, mixing together well.
3.Press the cookie base firmly into the base of the pan, until a flat surface is achieved. Chill.
4. In a small heatproof bowl, soak gelatin in the lemon juice for 5 minutes to soften.
5. Place the bowl over a pan of hot water and stir until the gelatin melts. Set aside to cool.
6. Beat the cream cheese , sugar, and lemon zest together until smooth.
7. In separate bowl, whisk the cream to soft peaks. Make sure it is not stiff.
8. Beat the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix well to combine.
9. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture. Be careful not to lose volume.
10. Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the cookie base, scraping it with a spatula.
11. Smooth the top well a damp palette knife , or the back of a damp spoon.
12. Chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Run a sharp, thin knife around the inside of the pan.
13. Turn the cheesecake out gently onto a plate, making sure to remove the paper before cutting.