Ingredients for the Cheesecake
30 mini peanut butter cups, each one quartered
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
4-8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1-3 ounce package cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 teaspoons baking powder
Ingredients for the Chocolate Cake
1/2 package dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 package chocolate fudge instant pudding (3.9 ounce package)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Ingredients for the Caramel Sauce
1 cube butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup half and half
Dash of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
Ingredients for the Chocolate Frosting
1 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate hcips
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup peanut butter
5 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar (depending on how thick you want your frosting)
3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions for the Cheesecake
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two 9-inch pans with parchment. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add cream cheese a little at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla pudding and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
4. Stir in the peanut butter cups with a spatula.
5. Place half of the batter into each of the prepared pans. Bake for 55-60 minutes (they will deflate when you take them out which will create a lip, allowing the caramel to not spill over the edges). Immediately put the pans with the cheesecake in them into the freezer and leave until completely frozen.
Directions for the Chocolate Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 9-inch baking pans with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and beat on medium-high for 2 minutes, scrapping down the mixture at about the 30 second mark.
4. Pour half the batter into each of the 9-inch baking pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
5. Allow cakes to come to room temperature and level.
6. Place the pans with the cake in them into the freezer.
Directions for the Caramel Sauce
1. Heat the butter, brown sugar, half and half, and salt on medium/low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Cook for about 10-12 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled and thickened.
Directions for the Chocolate Frosting
1. Put chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Meanwhile, heat cream in a saucepan over medium high heat until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips.
2. Remove 2/3 cup chocolate mixture and pour into a small bowl. Add 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup and stir (this will be the frosting for the top of the cake). Place in the refrigerator.
3. Meanwhile, take the remaining chocolate mixture and mix with a whisk attachment for 5-10 minutes (this will be the frosting for the sides of the cake). Place in the refrigerator.
Directions for the Peanut Butter Frosting
1. 1. Cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the heavy whipping cream.
2. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
Directions for Assembly
1. Take the frozen cheesecakes and chocolate cakes. Top each with the cooled caramel, peanut halves, and additional quartered reeses. Return to the freezer until the caramel is frozen.
2. Place a piece of wax paper on the bottom of your serving plate. Stack the cakes beginning with a chocolate cake, then cheesecake, then chocolate cake, then cheesecake. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least a few hours.
3. Unwrap the cake and top with the chocolate ganache (the one with the corn syrup) making sure that it does not go over the edge. Return to the freezer.
4. Meanwhile, take the chocolate frosting out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Frost the sides of the cake with the room temperature chocolate frosting.
5. Place the peanut butter frosting in a pastry bag with the tip of your choosing. Decorate your cake with the peanut butter frosting.