1 – 16 oz bag for Miniature Marshmallows
1/2 – 3/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet or dark)
2 Tablespoons of Water
1 teaspoons of Lorann Oil chocolate flavor OR chocolate-hazelnut flavor OR 2 teaspoons of your choice of extract
7 – 7 1/2 cups of sifted Confectioner’s Sugar
1/2 – 1 cup of sifted Cocoa Powder
Shortening to grease bowls, spatulas, mixer attachments and your hands when kneading.
1. Melt marshmallows, chocolate chips, water and oil OR extract in microwave in a greased bowl. It takes anywhere form 2 1/2 min to 3 1/2 min. Do it 30 secs at the time and check.
2. In greased mixer bowl place the cocoa powder (amount you choose to use depends on how strong chocolate flavor you want) plus 3 – 3 1/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar. This MUST total 4 cups. Add the melted marshmallow mix to this bowl.
3. Grease the paddle attachment of your mixer and start mixing on slow. Cover your mixer with a damp kitchen towel.
When mixed through change to the hook attachment, greased as well.
4. Start adding the extra confectioner’s sugar one cup at the time until you find the desired consisntency of the fondant. Amount of sugar really depends on how humid it is. If you find it to be too sticky add a little more confectioner’s sugar or if it’s too dry add warm water, very little at a time.
5. Take out of the mixer bowl and knead for about 2-3 or until fondant is all together making a big ball. Consistency must be the same as regular MMF.
It might not be 100% smooth at first, you might feel little lumps of sugar, texture will improve if you let it rest overnight. I always let mine rest for at least one night.
To store, grease plastic wrap with shortening and cover the fondant air tight with it. Then place in ziploc bag, try to get all the air out as well.
Hope you like it, I found it be great and a great solution for all my chocolate fondant needs. Enjoy!!